We live in a toxic world. "The question is not, am I toxic, but how toxic am I?" This is the wisdom of Dr. Loretta Friedman who works with patients to rid their bodies of pollutants that can be causing bloating, chronic fatigue, weight gain, digestive disorders, joint pain, and more, and they don't realize…
Signs Of A Clogged Lymphatic System & 10 Ways To Cleanse It
Signs Of A Clogged Lymphatic System & 10 Ways To Cleanse ItGetting rid of the toxic matter that accumulates in the body is one of the most important ways to stay healthy. The human body consists of many organs and glands that are supposed to excrete toxins from the body. This system of organs and glands is called the lymphatic system. Unfortunately, the lymphatic system is likely to get clogged and does not function properly in most people.The lymphatic system is a part of the circulatory system and a crucial part of the immune system. It consists of glands, lymph nodes, the spleen, the thymus gland, and the tonsils. The lymphatic system has multiple functions such as:
- Removing interstitial fluid from tissue
- Absorbing and transporting fatty acids and fats from the digestive system
- Transporting white blood cells to and from the lymph nodes into the bones
- Transporting antigen-presenting cells (APCs), such as dendritic cells, to the lymph nodes where an immune response is stimulated
- Skin conditions
- Digestive disorders
- Frequent headaches
- Sinus infections
- Unexplained injuries
- Excess weight
- Chronic fatigue
1. ExerciseRegular exercise is key for a healthy lymphatic system. Start with less vigorous training sessions, and try to slowly incorporate more intense exercises to your routine. The most stimulating exercise for the lymphatic system is rebounding on a small trampoline.
2. Alternative TreatmentsA lymphatic drainage with Lymph-Biologics is one of the easiest ways to detoxify the lymphatic system. This 3-part light wave with oscillating frequency can stimulate circulation in the lymph, and drain fat, fluids, and toxins away from your cells for proper elimination. Acupuncture is another effective treatment that will help you stimulate lymph flow and help remove toxins from the body.
3. Hot and Cold ShowersThe hot water helps dilate the blood vessels, while the cold water shrivels them. This creates a “pump” action that forces out the toxic fluids that have remained in the body. This therapy is not recommended for pregnant women or for those who suffer from cardiovascular disease.
4. Use Dry BrushingBrush your dry skin in a circular motion for 10 minutes by using a natural bristle brush, and then take a shower. You can combine dry brushing with hot and cold showers for better effects.
5. Drink Clean WaterIt is advisable to drink up to half your bodyweight in ounces of water per day to further cleanse your system of toxins. (For example, if you are 160 lbs. = 80 ounces of water). You should also drink a few glasses of lemon water as well.
6. Avoid Wearing Tight ClothesBy wearing excessively tight clothing, you are reducing circulation in the lymphatic system. Tight clothing can cause blockages in the lymphatic system, which can lead to an accumulation of toxins.
7. Breathe DeeplyOur bodies have 3 times more lymph fluid than blood, but there is no organ to pump it. The pumping action of deep breathing will help the lymphatic system transport the toxins into the blood before they are detoxified by the liver.
8. Eat Foods That Promote Lymph FlowEating raw and nutrient rich foods promotes a healthy lymphatic system. Some of the best cleansing foods for the lymphatic system are:
- Leafy green vegetables
- Low sugar fruits
- Ground flaxseed
- Chia seeds
- Brazil nuts
9. Avoid Foods That Cause Blockages To The Lymphatic SystemImprove your lymphatic health by avoiding the following foods:
- Processed foods
- Conventionally raised meat
- Artificial sweeteners
- Conventional dairy
- Table salt
10. Drink Herbal Tea That Stimulates Lymph FlowThere are many herbs that can be very helpful for the lymphatic system. Use the following herbs to prepare teas that promote lymph health:
- Wild indigo root
- Poke root